Nouvall Engineering Services is specialized in project support for the (petro) chemical and maritime industry. We provide expertise in the field of Engineering, Project Management, Maintenance, Shutdowns, Construction and Safety.
You will function mainly as a (lead) design engineer for day to day engineering requests and small projects. Most of the tasks are related to construction packages for site executed work by dedicated contractors. This includes equipment and labor specification, evaluating technical documents, detailed design, drafting and as-built work.
You will perform your tasks within a small team but are expected to be flexible, able to work independent and show leadership in your role.
A successful candidate is expected to quickly learn and effectively apply the company used design tools, work processes, standards, and best practices and to drive productivity and performance improvements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Basic design for instrumentation and related electrical components and feeders, including P&ID checks, block & loop diagrams, instrument data sheets and IO lists;
- Sizing / selection / validating (low voltage) electrical feeders and equipment, such as motors, variable frequency drives (VFD), uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), rectifiers / chargers feeder panels, electrical tracing and corresponding cables;
- Sizing / selection / validating process instrumentation and corresponding hook-ups;
- Sizing / selection / validating control and automated block valves;
- Design and engineering according to Dow, national and international codes and regulations;
- Using environmental, safety and loss prevention principles;
- Field verification (site visits);
- Provide input for cost estimates, quality and efficiency measurements;
- Contact for client and partners for technical questions and participation in (inter)discipline and project meetings;
Lead responsibilities include:
- Support on scope of work creation
- Initiate and support (inter)disciplinary project meetings
- Coordinate and plan total workload, inclusive outsourced work (NL & India)
- Validate quality of internal and outsourced work
- Peer support for colleague engineers
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in E&I Design Engineering;
- Fluency in Dutch and English language
- Able to work in a multi culture environment.
- Knowledge of regulations and codes, such as ATEX, NPR, NEN and IEC, working experience in SPI and 2D CAD tool and working in the chemical, oil or gas industry is an advantage;
- Willing to extend skills in both instrumentation and electrical engineering and (Dow) tools wherever gaps exist;
- Experience with common (Windows) computer office tools.
Competitive employment conditions.
You can apply via our website.