CBRE is the largest commercial real estate company in the world. It is comprised of several business lines including leasing services, capital markets, valuations & advisory services, and asset services; with regional and global capabilities in all major markets around the globe.
Within property management, CBRE Investment Accounting & Reporting Solutions group that provides investor clients with vertically integrated accounting and data solutions, from property through funds.
In EMEA, CBRE IA&R provides Global and Pan-European coordination for clients providing Fund & SPV Accounting, Investor Reporting and Performance Measurement services to real estate investment-companies, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors in key financial markets.
Their team of professionals offer unmatched dedication to real estate. They serve only real estate and have a history of successfully serving all real estate asset classes; including simple to complex investment structures.
They have dedicated fund and investor reporting teams in 18 countries, while also being a part of our global accounting and reporting operating platform with presence in an additional 41 countries for property accounting services to provide completely
integrated services.Team Investment Oversight
The investment oversight team works closely with various other departments within CBRE IA&R as well with the client. The investment oversight department is responsible for controlling and reporting tasks at the level of property owning companies.
The team partners with property managers and asset managers of the client as well as other 3rd party advisors (tax, audit, legal) to get detailed understanding of the business and economics of the property owning companies under their responsibility. The team is responsible for reporting, overall coordination and finance management tasks.
In this role you will be part of the team and you will be responsible for coordinating and leading a team of professionals and stakeholders, providing guidance in supporting complex queries related to VAT, CIT and Dutch GAAP/IFRS.
Within CBRE IA&R, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills, be pro-active and creative and to further improve and professionalize diverse processes within the company.
You will report directly to the Senior Director of Investment Oversight.Tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare income statements, balance sheets and various other accounting statements or financial reports of Holding and Property companies;
- Analyse and monitor the financial reports of the SPV entities;
- Examine financial statements and documents for conformance with GAAP;
- Create and complete financial and management reports for clients/investors and other stakeholders;
- Prepare liquidity forecasts and responsible for daily cash management;
- Read and interpreted contracts, legal documents, and other agreements. Ability to record complex business transactions in the general ledger;
- Responsible for local tax and accounting compliance: preparation and coordination of annual accounts, monthly/quarterly VAT statements, annual tax returns, coordination of external advisors, e.g. tax advisors and auditors;
- Intercompany coordination;
- Onboarding new clients in our fast growing company;
- Constantly seeking to optimization in processes.
- Bachelor/Master degree in business administration, accounting or an equivalent;
- At least 7 years of experience in a fund accounting position, of which at least 2 years of experience in management a team;
- Experience in accounting for Real Estate funds, Holding Companies, SPVs etc. is an advantage;
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, such as VAT, CIT, Dutch GAAP and IFRS;
- Process minded – a very important part of this job is to optimize the working processes;
- Strong analytical skills and well-developed judgement;
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented attitude;
- Actively engaged and committed to the collective work of the team and taking leadership to ensure team goals are met;
- Excellent Dutch and English verbal and written communication skill.
- Salary: €80.000 – €95.000 (incl. holiday allowance);
- Bonus: 10%;
- 25 holidays;
- Travel allowance;
- Hybrid working;
- Many learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent fringe benefits including;
- Good pension scheme;
- Reimbursement for sports facilities;
- And more!