Our client is a financial service provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries, you know already. Our Red Team works for all the locations of our client in all these countries.
Do you also know that we are working together on a better world? We do this in 101 ways like for example our knowledge and experience of Ethical Hacking and Red Teaming sharing with other organizations and "hackers". That belongs to us at ' growing a better world together '
Imagine working in a challenging and international environment to enable the bank in providing relevant financial services to our Wholesale and Rural clients. As a Operations / Software engineer within the tribe Markets & Treasury you will be working in the Securities Squad as a developer and production supporter. You will work on applications for our rural and wholesale customers with the aim to improve the overall experience of the wholesale and rural client journey.
Department and Project context
The Wholesale & International (W&I) domain within IT Systems supports the wholesale and rural bank across the globe. As of April 1st 2021, W&I is divided in 3 different tribes: Markets & Treasury, Financing and CBD (Clients, Bankers and Data). The Markets & Treasury Tribe is responsible for running and changing the global Front Office, Back Office and Risk Systems of Markets & Treasury. Examples of applications we develop and support are: Murex, PPQ, ION, TCI, Calypso, Sophis, Dimension, Arts, OMR, AST, SmartPredict, Intellimatch, Client Reporting, RRS and the RAD systems. A mix of packages and in-house developed applications in different stages of their lifecycle.
The Securities and Commodities area consists of a number of Squads which all work with a variety of different purposes including maintaining and building new Securities and Commodities Front Office and Back Office functionality as required by the Bank, providing consistent application development with automated testing, maintaining clear development processes and providing innovative tooling for developers. A key aim of the area will be to move the systems landscape towards Murex and decommission applications.
Making a difference: You can be a key success factor in meeting the digital ambitions of Rabobank for wholesale and rural customers. As an experienced and fast learning Software engineer / Operations engineer you will have significant expertise around Capital Markets and Fixed Income. You will be mainly responsible for the development and maintenance of our 2 instances of the OMR system. Besides that you will be in a support pool with colleagues to also deliver (overnight) support for the other systems in the squad: ARTS and Cosmic. You will develop requests from the business but are also busy with the so called ‘in control’ items on the backlog. The team members are very diverse in backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and cultures. Communication will be in English as the end-users, team members and other stakeholders reside on different locations across the globe.
With each other: Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our DevOps teams bring talented people together to execute all change and run activities of the relevant applications. Also as Software Engineer / Operations engineer, you will be T-shaped to help delivering value to the product.
Operations - Software Engineer.
Duur: 01-05-2021 - 31-12-2021 met optie op verlenging.
Engelse kandidaat: Toegestaan (allowed).
ZZP: Niet toegestaan.
Reageren kan tot 18-05-2021 14.00.
Operations / Software Engineer OMR - Markets & Treasury – Securities & Commodities
We are looking for:
* Hands-on attitude, acting pro-active, solution oriented
* Enthusiastic team player to help others in the squad/area
* Experience with supporting software applications for 5+ years
* Analytical mind-set able to continuously improve the services
* Knowledge of and experience with Agile/Scrum, Lean and ITIL.
* Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM/DEVOPS team for 5+ years
* Able and willing to work in shifts (not 9-5 mentality)
* Any experience with the OMR application / software is a plus
* Technology: Sybase databases
* Development skills around Sybase SQL, Shell Scripting (both UNIX and Pearl) and FOCUS reporting.
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic international environment
* Knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Server environments/services, AzureDevOps
* Proven experience in mentoring and coaching other engineers on the mentioned supporting skills
* Proven knowledge of Continuous Delivery and Flexibility in learning new development technologies
* Fluent English
* Education HBO (NL) or College (UK), preferably in Information Technology.
Knowledge and personal skills
• Impact and Persuasiveness
• Result driven
• Problem analysis
• Good verbal and written communication (English)
• Organizing and monitoring
• Good presentation skills
• Passion for IT
• Agile mindset
• Knowledge of the Murex System (pre)