We are looking for a Payable Accountant who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Analysing, validating, and approving all Agency payments to suppliers in compliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules); carrying out related financial operations and interfaces with suppliers.
- End-of-period adjustments, offsetting of prepayments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practises related to accounts payable.
- Contributing to the verification of contracts/purchase orders and CCNs to ensure compliance with financial requirements.
- Contributing to monthly and yearly closure of ESA accounts payable, ensuring accounts reconciliation, providing specific notes relating to ESA Financial Statements.
- Contributing to drafting instructions, procedures, and guidelines for the Sections/Divisions.
- Responding to queries from the industry.
- Preparing urgent payment lists.
- Maintaining close liaison with the appropriate Cost Centre managers, project managers and administrators providing financial advice and information on the relevant processes.
- Other ad hoc financial accounting tasks as requested by management.
- Master's degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent in a financial discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience in financial accounting at ESA or in a comparable environment.
- Very good knowledge of SAP and esa-p with regard to the Procure-to-Pay process and related procedures.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on the most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.